As you enter our boutique, state of the art studio you will experience an exceptional level of expertise, service and interaction. Fitness Personally trainers are seasoned leaders who have distinguished themselves with a premier level of education, experience and proficiency. They have advanced training in functional anatomy, movement appraisal and integrated program design.
As industry leaders we employ an EXCLUSIVE training system “OD on Movement”, focusing on creating individualized, fun programs that restore optimal movement efficiency to allow the body to cope with the challenges of everyday life.
We incorporate great training aids with vast scientific research such as:
- Power Plate – acceleration that enhances major issues in the body; strength, bone density, circulation, movement and much more.
- ViPR – total body movement involving 3 dimensional movement.
- FreeFORM Board – infinity movement through intelligent application
- POLAR – bio-feedback that is necessary to know what hormone response you are achieving.
All sessions are generally one hour slots. Longer/shorter sessions can be arranged through your trainer. Our sessions are very different from traditional personal training in structure. We use many different types of tools that enable clients to achieve great results whatever their goals may be.
1. Movement Appraisal: every client is constantly appraised (observed) in how their body reacts to certain tasks or challenges. This enables the trainer to create and implement a strategic exercise/program that will practically and effectively create change.
2. Mobilizers: simplistic, subtle but very effective movements that focus on the fascial system. These movements feed information into locations that have become glued up through dehydration, repetitive movement, occupational habits or physical and emotional stress. Consistently using mobilizers will decrease pain/discomfort, improve movement, aid recovery and regeneration and improve wellness.
3. Myofascial Release/Fascial Freeing: this is the releasing/un-glueing of the muscles and fascia (connective tissue) that cause many compensations at major complexes. A very powerful tool that enhances the body instantly. Great for any person who has stress, performs repetitive movement or has occupational hazards (excess sitting, bending, driving). We also perform hands-on work if your body requires.
4. Power of Play: bringing enjoyment back into training is crucial. Science now shows PLAY can improve memory, rational thinking, personality, emotional regulation as well enhancing the cardio-respiratory, endocrine (hormonal) and myofascial (muscle/nerve/connective tissue) systems. Sessions should be a PLAYOUT not a WORKOUT!
5. Total Body Strength: our strength component relates to your needs. We cater for all types of clients, understanding that the body is an integrated unit which reacts to everyday challenges in dynamic movement. Whatever your goal is we can effectively condition you to perform this efficiently, effectively and safely. If you wish to play social tennis or golf, then we would work on the necessary movements that enable your body to move in all directions at all speeds with least risk of injury. If your goal was to pick up your child pain free, we would specifically condition your body to perform this task.
6. Education: it is essential that you understand why and how we do things. Our job is to facilitate the necessary information/exercise in the simplest format to help you move and feel better outside of the session as well. Upon completion of your session, you will receive a narrated video clip by email of necessary movement/s you need to repeat/practice at home.
WE ENPOWER YOU TO REGAIN CONTROL OF YOUR WELLBEING THROUGH USING A COMMONSENSE, ENJOYABLE AND EFFECTIVE APPROACH.